Wednesday 12 December 2012

Sugar Plum Tree - life inspiration

A few sweet words by Naomi.


As a child my fondest memories arose from sitting on my dads knee and listening to a wonderful poem: The sugar-Plum Tree. I used to sit there taking in every word and imagining this wonderful sweet place, with chocolate cats, and sugar plums. I always remember the vivid images it created. So vivid infact I could almost taste the beautiful delights. Every night I would listen to the same enchanting poem, and never loose enthusiasm or passion for the contents, or for sitting with my dad sharing, and laughing together. I never doubted for a minute that the land of Sugar Plums was not real... How could it not be. Now many years later I realise that although the magical Tree may not exist there is no reason we can not create the same magic today in our modern world. All it takes us a pinch of imagination, a dash of determination, a nip of appreciation and a whole lot of love. As the owner of Styling Elegance I hope to use these to create for you magical, enchanting, delightful, romantic events including dessert tables and lolly Buffets, Couture Cakes, and an online Boutique.
Styling Elegance for the love of all things sweet.


Naomi xxx 



The Sugar-Plum Tree - Eugene Field (abv. version)

HAVE you ever heard of the Sugar-Plum Tree?     
'Tis a marvel of great renown!      
It blooms on the shore of the Lollypop Sea     
In the garden of Shut-Eye Town;      
The fruit that it bears is so wondrously sweet    
(As those who have tasted it say)      
That good little children have only to eat     
Of that fruit to be happy next day...

...There are marshmallows, gumdrops, and peppermint canes     
With striping of scarlet and gold,      
And you carry away of the treasure that rains,     
As much as your apron can hold!  
So come, little child, cuddle closer to me     
In your dainty white nightcap and gown,     
And I'll rock you away to the Sugar-Plum Tree     
In the garden of Shut-Eye Town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment